“If you don’t think your anxiety, depression, sadness and stress impact your physical health, think again. All of these emotions trigger chemical reactions in your body, which can lead to inflammation and a weakened immune system. Learn how to cope, sweet friend. There will always be dark days.” Kris Carr
It’s been a stressful week and now it’s Saturday morning and all you want to do is pull the covers over your head and forget all your troubles. But you’re going to have to face the day at some point and a great way to renew and recharge is to nurture yourself with some radical self-care.
Give these a few of these tips a try:
- Don’t jump out of bed as soon as you awake, instead ease into your day with prayer, meditation and gratitude.
- Read 10 pages of an inspirational book.
- Enjoy a few minutes of yoga poses or gentle stretching.
- Hydrate with a glass of warm lemon water.
- If you feel you’ve been stuck in a rut, change your routine for the day. Even minor tweaks to your day can have a positive impact on your mental and physical well-being.
- Focus on movement instead of exercise to free yourself from boring routines.
- Elevate your mood by listening to uplifting music.
- Create a vision board to express your desires.
- Disconnect from social media and connect with God, yourself and loved ones.
- Journal what your most grateful for.
- Laugh. Belly Laugh.
- Get out in nature. Breathe in fresh air and walk barefoot in the grass.
- Take a 15-minute nap.
- Soak your worries away in the bathtub with 1 cup of Epsom salts and a few drops of lavender oil.
- Fast for the day and focus on nourishing your soul.
- Meet a friend for tea.
- Compliment yourself and someone else.
- Plan an adventure.
- Tap into your creativity… bake, cook, paint, craft, knit, write, etc.
- Reach out for a heart hug. Feel the benefits of hugging heart to heart.
We’d love to hear your favorite tips. Please share your comments below!