The holidays are just around the corner and that means so are all of the good foods and snacks. The parties, pastries, drinks, and all the other calorie packed treats are only an arm’s length away. Even those with the strongest will power can’t say ‘no’ forever. Something has to give. I am going to give you some exercises so it is not your waistline that has to give!
The trick is to get the metabolism candle burning and keep it burning. High intensity workouts are the best way to do this.
You are going to do a full body workout with very brief rest intervals in between each exercise and get your heart and body working in a way where you will continue to burn fat for the next 24-36 hours.
- The first set is a warm up round to get all your stations ready and your muscles prepped. Nothing special, just choose a weight that you can do for 10-12 reps.
- Exercise one is bench press.
- Next, move on to squats in a squat rack.
- Following squats, do bicep curls using a curl bar. Dumbbells will give you too much rest.
- Now, it is lunge time. Choose a lighter weight that allows you to go faster while keeping proper technique.
- Then dips on the dip rack for 10 reps or until failure.
- Finally, dead lifts. Again, choose a weight that is not too challenging.
The warm up round is over and all of your stations should be set up just right. For the second and third round you are going to do each exercise with a 90 second break in between each exercise. Set the timer on your phone and keep to the time strictly. Break management is the secret to this workout.
For the fourth through seventh round, only take a 60 second break in between each station. It is ok to drop to eight reps in the later rounds; however, your target should be 10 and if you drop below, you may want to consider decreasing the weights.
You will be absolutely gassed at the end of this routine and your body will be ahead of the game when you load up on the pumpkin pie.