Running with long hair isn’t always comfortable. It can be heavy, it can get stuck to the back of your neck, it can get in your eyes, and some days it can feel like no hair tie out there can contain all of the hair you have on your head. But there are some simple solutions that can make your run much more comfortable, and they are inexpensive.
1) Jane Tran Double Strand Pony Tail Holders – These hair ties are very useful because they have multiple bands, and thus have a little more flexibility than other hair ties. You can also use them to balance out your ponytail and keep it better contained. It’s also will still cover you if one of the bands snaps.
2) Goody Stay Put Hair Elastics – These simple black hair bands are coated on the inside to sit tight, but still look black and sleek on the outside. They do get a bit stretched out after a few wears, but they still sit tight, so they get the job done. They come in packs of 10-20, so you don’t have to worry about losing a few along the way.
3) Scunci – No Slip Hair Ties – These simple hair ties may not be able to hold a lot of hair, but they do sit tightly and won’t fuss during your long run. They work best to keep your hair back in a ponytail, but may not hold a bun in place for a long run. I like these because they don’t damage my hair after use. The sticky surface clings, but does not rip out any hair upon removal.
4) Invisibobble – This is advertised as an invisible ponytail holder, but for a runner it offers a lot of support and is very lightweight. This one is made of plastic and it swirls around, which means you will have to wind it around your ponytail several times. They are a bit expensive, and may expand after use, but you can continue to use them.
5) Mane Street Hair Ties – These thin ties are a bit different in style from traditional elastics, but that also makes them much more comfortable. They keep their strength, which means you get the same support from them after the 15th usage as you do the first. They also go easy on your hair, so you don’t have to worry about damage. These also come in some fun colors, so you have plenty to choose from.